The New Year is an exciting opportunity to look at setting and sticking to new commitments for the year ahead. These might be a ‘tick off the bucket list’ or perhaps slow and steady routines to implement into your life. Nonetheless, in the South of France, you will be inspired to find something that suits whatever you are looking for. That is to say, learn a new skill directly from your home at Parc du Cap. Or, equally, venture into the surrounding region where a wealth of opportunity awaits. It’s just a matter of choosing one, or perhaps a few! In this blog we hope to spark a few ideas to help with your New Year’s resolutions.
A new creative skill for every month of the year
Around every corner, down every cobbled street, and even below the surface of the sea itself, are works of great artists. For centuries, renowned creatives have been attracted to the beauty of Provence – the light, the vibrant colours, the sensational senses. So, as budding new or advanced artists, it is easy to be inspired:
- Julie Dalloz in Nice – Julie is a local artist who offers wonderfully colourful art lessons – designed to allow expression of emotion through art.
- Galimard workshop in Grasse – start a unique journey into the creation of your own perfumes in the heart of Provence’s perfume capital, Grasse.
- La Verrerie de Biot – on our doorstep is the magical Biot – the Riviera’s Arts & Crafts paradise famous for its glass-blowing. Not many will be able to say they are able to create glass sculptures!
Make it a family affair
The Côte d’Azur makes a great spot to take up new activities which can involve all the family. Immerse yourself in the Provençal way of life and traditions which kids and parents alike will be bound to love.
- Commit to discovery – Provence is inundated with location after location of breathtaking gems to explore. To clarify, your family will never cease to be amazed by memorable visits – from historic monuments to adventurous national parks.
- Master the language – whilst learning any new language may seem overwhelming, the French language is a delight to speak. Learning as a family makes the experience fun and challenges can be shared.
- Learn the iconic pétanque – this traditional game has been played in Provence since the beginning of the 20th century. It is fun, social and can be competitive – making a perfect daily opportunity to get outside in the Riviera sunshine.
Tick off the bucket list
Provence is a dream for the more extreme sports enthusiasts – or those interested in picking up new adventurous hobbies. For example, head into the awe-inspiring mountains to explore various activities – the hinterlands are around a one-hour drive from Antibes. Therefore, making an easy commitment for regular weekend adventures.
- Climbing and bouldering – for those seeking an adrenaline thrill, the region is home to some magnificent and world-class climbing routes. You’ll need a head for heights and expect spectacular views.
- Cliff jumping – for the strong swimmers, take a leap into the Mediterranean off the impressive limestone cliffs of the Calanques.
- Heli-skiing – the local mountain ranges offer some superb skiing. Charter a helicopter to reach the untouched slopes for a fast and furious ski back to the après ski bars!
Seas the day!
It is impossible to resist spending time by, in or on the glorious Mediterranean Sea. The coast offers plenty of adventure and new activities and nothing beats a good dose of daily sea air.
- Explore the magical world under the sea and get up close to nature. Whether this is through snorkelling, open water swimming or learning to scuba dive, the Med waters are sensational.
- Likewise, perhaps you intend to master the skills of the sails. There are plenty of water sports clubs in the area that offer sailing, windsurfing lessons and much more. For instance, Riviera Water Sports in Port Grimaud.
Stay at home commitments
Of course, no need to venture far when there is much you can commit to from your own residence. For example:
- Commit to a session of yoga or meditation every morning. With stunning views and spacious indoor and outdoor living – there is no better spot to enjoy a zen moment.
- Get your body moving – the New Year is an ideal time to start afresh with a new exercise routine. Parc du Cap’s perfectly appointed amenities facilitate this commitment with an indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court and fitness centre.
- Get lost in a good book – we could all do with reading a little more. So find a quiet and peaceful spot in your impeccably designed Parc du Cap home or in our tranquil gardens.
Back to Articles