The South of France is a remarkable location to benefit from many different outdoor sports ranging from cycling and golf to the more extreme, such as sailing and rock climbing. And a sport that is as popular in the region as it is all over France is the classic game of tennis. As a result, many tennis players and fans gravitate here to the Côte d’Azur from around the world – seeking to take advantage of the wealth there is on offer for tennis aficionados.
There is no doubt about it that the French Riviera is extremely well set up for all levels of tennis enthusiasts – from beginners to advanced.
Ace your game at Parc du Cap
Firstly, we are lucky to have our very own pristine tennis court on the grounds here at Parc du Cap. The court is laid with high-quality synthetic turf and nestled amongst beautifully landscaped Provençal gardens. Our court offers the perfect opportunity to add more hours of practice time outside of training, as well as a place for friendly competition with friends or Parc du Cap neighbours!
Newbies to the sport
For those starting out, you might want to start with a low-key, private tennis lesson here at Parc du Cap. During these initial sessions, get to grips with the game before swiftly moving on to challenge your first opponents! The concierge team would be more than happy to suggest several excellent local coaches for you to choose from.
There are a number of excellent tennis clubs set up in the area which offer different membership packages as well as courses for all ages and levels. For instance:
- Tennis Club Roseraie, Antibes – In the heart of Juan-les-Pins and minutes from the beach, the Club is in an ideal location and easily accessible from Parc du Cap. The Club offers a range of courses for both adults and children during the school holidays.
On the way to the top
And for those who are aspiring professional players, joining the likes of some of France’s highest ranked players, such as Gaël Sébastien Monfils and Kristina Mladenovic, you will not be disappointed to know that two of the country’s most prestigious tennis academies are on our doorstep:
- Mouratoglou Academy, Biot – This tennis academy is considered one of the best in the world and is only a 20-minute drive from Parc du Cap. The Mouratoglou Resort is an exceptional complex combining cutting-edge sports facilities.
- Additionally, the All In Academy Côte d´Azur, Villeneuve-Loubet, is located within a 30-minute drive from Parc du Cap and is an equally well-established training complex.
The academies each offer training camps for different ages and abilities:
- Adult Camps and Junior Tennis Camps for beginners and professionals – from half day to weekly courses.
- A Tennis & School programme – offering young students both important high-level academic studies as well as sports tuition.
- Intensive and Competitive Camps for those who wish to push themselves to the max in order to achieve ultimate success.
For the spectators
On the other hand, for those who prefer admiring the game from a distance with fellow tennis friends and a glass of wine, many of the tennis clubs around us have fantastic club houses where you can appreciate the activities as a social member. In fact, Mouratoglou Academy has a 4-star Mouratoglou Hotel & Resort where you can enjoy a bite to eat at the L’Emblème restaurant whilst waiting for your loved ones to finish their training.
Otherwise, France is of course host to some of the world’s most prestigious tournaments, such as Roland-Garros and the Paris Masters, both held in Paris. And, in closer proximity to Parc du Cap, the great show can be spectated at such events as the Monte-Carlo Masters, the ATP 250 events in Montpellier, Nice and Lyon, and the Open Sud de France, Montpellier (approximately three hour drive from Antibes).
Recover in tranquillity
After a long day hitting the ball back and forth or spectating the game amongst friends in the sunshine, Parc du Cap will embrace your return with open arms. Head straight to our spa for a spot of relaxation, rejuvenation and well deserved pampering. You may want to sit back and relax in the temperature-perfect jacuzzi, hammam or sauna. Alternatively, let us organise a luxury treatment, such as a sports massage for you to find pleasure in at the end of the day.
Back to Articles